There are many ways to file for unemployment. You can file online or at your local unemployment office. In some states, you can even file by phone. Before you file, check with your state unemployment office by clicking one of the links below.
Requirements to file for unemployment
- Social Security number
- Driver's License number (if you have one)
- Veteran/Military separation date
- Mother's maiden name
- Name, address, phone number of your last employer
- Employer's Federal ID Number (from your W2 form or pay stub)
- Dates of your last job
- How much money you earned at your last job
- Previous employer information (name, address, dates you worked)
When you complete your unemployment application, you will be asked many questions about your previous employer. Once you get your unemployment benefits you must start looking for a job right away. Learn how to find a job now!